CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, January 8, 2010

Our Christmas House

The only thing Travis likes more than decorating for Halloween is decorating for Christmas. If he had his way and money wasn't an issue we'd have one of the houses they put on the news that thousands of people of people drive by each year. For now he'll have to settle for having the best lights on the block. I know this is a little late but I had to share how great the lights looked this year since Trav spent hours out in the cold setting them up. This year I attempted to help but I think I was more of a hindrance than a help. Every year since got married we put up white icicle lights. Since neither of us have ever lived in West Valley before we were unaware of how windy it gets in the winter. Last year our pretty icicle lights blew up into the gutters and were never seen again. So this year we decided to go for the classic multi-colored large bulbs. We thought the top of our garage was the perfect place for a huge tree. Next year we'll add a couple more strands and a star on top.
Here are the majority of the lights. To the left is a tree decked out in lights and to the right there was a Merry Christmas sign and a Santa on a sleigh being pulled by reindeer. We also had a blow up globe that was covered with frost the entire time so you couldn't even see what was in it.
It was so Christmassy with the snow falling all around. (Yes that is my car in the driveway. Our garage door is broken which is particularly annoying in the dead of winter)
Here are the sign and Santa to greet you as you pull into the driveway. You can see the frozen globe in the back ground.
Here's a blow up Santa surrounded by candy canes. (At one point all of the candy canes lit up. We've had them for years and will retire them after this year)
The walkway to the front door was also lined with candy canes. I just wish they would have worked this year.
Here's the entry. Next year I want to add a little Christmas tree in the pot.
Here's our pretty tree all lit up.
I stay with the classic Christmas colors and keep everything red and gold. This year I added in a little white since I used some of my mom's old ornaments. I got a great deal on some large gold and red ornaments at Walmart after Christmas. I can't wait to get them out year.

Trav's dad gave him a cute little village last year. The cats especially loved the village. Each morning we'd find different pieces spread throughout the room.

Trav and I love decorating for Christmas, but I make Trav wait until after Thanksgiving to turn everything on and he can only keep them on until New Year's Day. If not we'd probably have lights on for two months at least. I am starting to miss the cheer it brings as you pull up to house though.

2 comments:

Matt and Amanda said...

It all looked super cute! Good job guys!

Somers said...

Wow Pam! I totally have Christmas decoration envy.