CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, January 2, 2010

Christmas Eve Part 2

Our second party of the night was at my mom's house with her side of the family. We were a little late and missed dinner but we got there in time to see the presents opened. We like to keep our family parties more casual and comfortable so everyone (but us) wore their jammies. The tradition on this side of the family is for all of the unmarried cousins to pull a name of one of their cousins out of a hat and get a gift for them. My grandparents give all of their unmarried grandchildren a gift as well and the married ones some gift cards to their favorite store for groceries. Here's half of the party during the present opeing which is done one at a time.
My dorky cousin Jake opening one of his gifts.
Another 1/4 of the party.
My cousin Bailee is one the floor opening one of her presents.
Here's the rest of the group.
Me and Trav cuddling with my sister's new puppy Dexter.
Here are my grandparents opening their gifts. We got them some Aqua Globes because my grandma wanted some.
There are no little kids on this side of the family (the youngest cousin is 14 and we don't have and great grand children yet) so the present opening is done pretty quick and we all just hang out and eat. Next year I want to play a generic gift game with the adults to keep the festivities going on a bit longer. The only bad part of being so close with our families is that we aren't able to spend as much time with everyone but that is the price we pay so we don't have to miss any parties.

0 comments: