CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, June 8, 2008

We're going to be real grownups!

So after over a month of searching for rentals that would allow our pets in SLC we were completely frustrated. Every place was either a dump, in the ghetto, or cost a ton. The good places were rented before we had a chance to drive down to look at it and the thought of paying $1100 plus a month on rent just made me sick. We decided to meet with a realtor to see what our options were. She suggested a lender and we soon found out that we could qualify for $180,000 FHA loan. So now the rush is on to find a house and close as fast as possible. We have to be out of our current rental in less than a week so all of our stuff will be going in storage and we will be staying at Trav's parents house. It has all been very rushed but definitely exciting. I have dreamed of buying a house forever and I never thought it would happen so soon. So far we have seen eight houses. We do have a favorite but we want to see a few more before we decide. Unfortunately all the houses in our price range are in West Valley City. Scary I know, but there are some nice areas. I can't wait until we can move into our own home and make it our own.

3 comments:

Hayley Neil said...

Congrats Pam! That is such exciting news! Good luck with all of the moving. I hate moving. I am so happy for you guys!

Anonymous said...

I for one am going to miss you too much after the last 16 month of working with you on my new house. You are wonderful. Please keep in touch!

Amie said...

Ok so i miss you:) But I hope you got the job...and I'm sure I'll be contacting you with venting and complaining:) Have fun in Salt Lake